Power Electronics Engineer Spring Co-op
At H3X, we are building the most advanced electric propulsion systems in the world to enable sustainable electric aircraft. At 12 kW/kg continuous, the HPDM family of integrated motor drives is a step change in electric propulsion technology and removes one of the main barriers blocking widespread proliferation of electric aircraft. We have several power classes of motors ranging from 30kW to 3MW and are selling to markets of aviation, aerospace and defense, marine, and specialized ground vehicles.
We are looking to hire a power electronics engineering co-op to support design and development of our integrated SiC inverter in the HPDM integrated motor drives.
- High intelligence, high energy, and high integrity
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Graduate Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Experience with designing, building, and testing inverters (preferably SiC)
- Altium and MATLAB proficient
- Excellent written and verbal communicator to effectively share knowledge and build the collective mindshare of the company
- Organized and obsessive attention to detail: no room for oversight when designing flight critical systems
- Humble and open mind: willingness to accept feedback and learn, consistently improve upon yourself and the product you will be responsible for
- A high degree of emotional intelligence: ability to collaborate closely with coworkers in a respectful and empathetic manner
- Fundamentally curious and motivated by first principles
- Experience designing systems for aerospace or similar harsh environments
- Application of technical skills outside the classroom (examples: Formula SAE, solar car, personal projects)
- Health insurance: medical, vision, dental
- Mental health coverage
- Gym membership stipend
- Flexible hours (deliverable-based goals)
- Flexible-time off (just need manager approval)
- Relocation package to the beautiful Denver, Colorado area
- Weekly company happy hours
H3X Technologies is a U.S.-based manufacturer of high power density integrated motor drives for electric aircraft and other high-performance applications. We are a team of multidisciplinary engineers and operators brought together with the singular purpose of developing the most advanced electric aircraft propulsion systems in the world to enable sustainable aviation on a massive scale. Our world-class team is composed of the best and brightest from Tesla, SpaceX, GE Aviation, and Siemens with deep knowledge in aerospace, electric machines, power electronics, material science, control systems, and advanced manufacturing. The high performance of our core technology is made possible by our own proprietary manufacturing processes for motor stacking, winding, and assembly, and all of the design and testing for our products is done in-house. Our headquarters facility is in Lakewood, Colorado and in 2023, we will unveil a new production facility that will also be located in the greater Denver area. Our vision is to become the world’s leading supplier of aviation-grade electric propulsion systems by 2030.
We are well-funded and have backing from top VC firms around the world including Y Combinator, Metaplanet, TechNexus, Liquid 2 Ventures, and Soma Capital to deploy capital for rapid scaleup.
H3X is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.