At H3X, we are building the most advanced electric propulsion systems in the world to enable sustainable electric aircraft. At 12 kW/kg continuous, the HPDM family of integrated motor drives is a step change in electric propulsion technology and removes one of the main barriers blocking widespread proliferation of electric aircraft. We have several power classes of motors ranging from 30kW to 3MW and are selling to markets of aviation, aerospace and defense, marine, and specialized ground vehicles.
We are looking to hire an Electronics Technician who will be in charge of PCB assembly, test setup, component management, and overseeing the H3X power electronics lab. The ideal candidate should have several years of experience with PCB assemblies and have an obsessive attention to detail and has a zero-tolerance policy for sloppy work.
- PCB assembly and rework
- Wire harness manufacturing
- Component stocking and organization
- Power electronics test setup and execution of DVP&Rs
- Collaboration with power electronics engineers on Design for Manufacturing (DFM) and Design for Test (DFT)
- Equipment calibration management
- Managing the H3X power electronics lab
- High intelligence, high energy, and high integrity
- High attention to detail and rigorous inspection
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Several years of experience assembling and working complex PCBAs with components as small as 0402 passives
- Several years of experience building beautiful wire harnesses
- Excellent written and verbal communicator to effectively share knowledge and build the collective mindshare of the company
- Organized and obsessive attention to detail: no room for oversight when making flight critical systems
- Humble and open-minded: willingness to accept feedback, learn, and consistently improve upon yourself and the products for which you will be responsible
- A high degree of emotional intelligence: ability to collaborate closely with coworkers in a respectful and empathetic manner
- Fundamentally curious and motivated by first principles
- Position requires access to CUI/ITAR/EAR controlled information
- Employee equity incentive plan
- Flexible hours (deliverable-based goals)
- Flexible-time off (just need manager approval)
- Health insurance: Medical, vision, and dental
- Mental health coverage
- Relocation package
- Epic/ICON Ski & Snowboard Pass (up to $600 provided)
- Stipend for gym membership
- Company laptop
- Weekly company happy hours
H3X Technologies is a U.S.-based manufacturer of high power density integrated motor drives for electric aircraft and other high-performance applications. We are a team of multidisciplinary engineers and operators brought together with the singular purpose of developing the most advanced electric aircraft propulsion systems in the world to enable sustainable aviation on a massive scale. Our world-class team is composed of the best and brightest from Tesla, SpaceX, GE Aviation, and Siemens with deep knowledge in aerospace, electric machines, power electronics, material science, control systems, and advanced manufacturing. The high performance of our core technology is made possible by our own proprietary manufacturing processes for motor stacking, winding, and assembly, and all of the design and testing for our products is done in-house. Our headquarters facility is in Lakewood, Colorado and in 2023, we will unveil a new production facility that will also be located in the greater Denver area. Our vision is to become the world’s leading supplier of aviation-grade electric propulsion systems by 2030.
We are well-funded and have backing from top VC firms around the world including Y Combinator, Metaplanet, TechNexus, Liquid 2 Ventures, and Soma Capital to deploy capital for rapid scaleup.
H3X is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.